prior to September entry
for 2018/19 School Year
|Foundation Year||5 turning 6||September 1, 2012 to August 31, 2013|
|Class 1||6 turning 7||September 1, 2011 to August 31, 2012|
|Class 2||7 turning 8||September 1, 2010 to August 31, 2011|
|Class 3||8 turning 9||September 1, 2009 to August 31, 2010|
|Class 4||9 turning 10||n/a|
|Class 5||10 turning 11||n/a|
|Class 6||11 turning 12||n/a|
For the academic year of 2018/19
We are currently accepting applications for the following 4 classes:
Limited spaces are still available. If you are interested, please join a school tour as soon as possible to learn more about us. Admissions will end when a class is full.
For the academic year of 2019/20
Application will be accepted starting in September 2018. Please stay tuned to our news for updates.
Priority admission will be granted to those children, provided the applicant and family meet all set criteria and requirements, who are also in one or more of the following categories (in order):
- Are children of full-time staff at Island Waldorf School
- Have or have siblings attending Island Waldorf School
- Have or have siblings that attended Highgate House School
- Are children of full-time staff in Waldorf schools
- Have attended a Waldorf pre-school
Please take note of our policy regarding the admission of children with special educational needs.
- Parents are encouraged to attend one of our school tours to learn about our unique curriculum and educational philosophy.
- The Application form and all required supporting documentation should be completed and submitted to the school electronically.
- If an applicant has had testing or received services for learning support, has health or physical concerns, needs any prescribed medication or has any other circumstances that may affect the applicant, their application must include relevant supporting documentation in order to assist the interview process.
Upon receiving a child’s completed application and if there are spaces available, we will invite your family for an interview. It is an opportunity for you and our admission officers to talk and get to know each other, and to build a comprehensive picture of your child and their development.
The interview will cover a wide range of topics, such as your first years with your child, sleeping patterns, siblings, dietary requirements, allergies, preferences and any specific information about your family you would like to share. The conversation will be as detailed or as simple as you like.
Our officers will also talk with you about how the school runs, how information is shared between school and home, and how you can get involved yourself.
Subsequent to the interview, the application will be considered by our admission officers and faculty in light of the availability of spaces as well as the needs of the class as a whole. Acceptance is not guaranteed.
Once the admission decision has been made, an Enrolment Offer will be sent out as soon as practicable, normally within two weeks of the interview.
To accept the Offer and secure a child’s place, parents will need to sign and return the enrolment acceptance form within 14 days upon receipt of the Offer.