Teaching staff for 2019/20
Lead Teacher for Kindergarten class
Originally from Florida, USA, Tammy has over 30 years of experience as a Waldorf educator and mentor in various settings.
- Began as a Waldorf kindergarten teacher in New Zealand, ’89 – ’90
- Ran her own Waldorf kindergarten in Durham, North Carolina, ’94-’04
- Taught at Highgate House School in Hong Kong, ’06
- Gave workshops and trainings in Mainland China on Waldorf early education, ’05-’17
- Mentor and trainer at a Waldorf kindergarten in Shenzhen, ’10-’17
- Senior teacher and pedagogical mentor at a Waldorf kindergarten in Hong Kong, ’18
Class Teacher for Class I
Mala was a Waldorf parent and has come to us from Mumbai, India, where she previously taught grades 1 to 6 in a large Waldorf school.
- Completed Steiner Teacher Training in Mumbai, ’05
- Class teacher at the largest Waldorf school in India, ’05-’08, ’10-12
- Facilitator at UnTaboo, which provides sex ed to schools and other groups, ’13-18
- Completed Steiner Advanced Teacher Training, ’15
Class Teacher for Class II
Isla has over 15 years of teaching experience in Australia with both mainstream and Waldorf qualifications.
- Graduate Diploma in Education, ’99
- Classroom teacher and casual relief teacher at various public primary schools in Victoria, ’01 – ’03
- Bachelor of Arts in Social Work, ’03 – ’06
- Class teacher for one cycle in a public school’s Waldorf stream, ’07 – ’13
- Class Teacher at a Waldorf school in Perth, ’14 – ’16
- Class Teacher at a Waldorf school in Victoria, ’16 – ’18
Class Teacher for Class III
Philip began his career as a trained eurythmist and went on to become a Waldorf class teacher.
- Diploma in Eurythmy, ’75 – ’79
- Eurythmy, religion, and pottery teacher at a Waldorf school, ’79 – ’83
- Working in performing arts – eurythmy, dance, acting, puppetry, directing, ’83 – ’03
- Master of Arts in Advanced Theatre Practice, UK, ’00 – ’01
- Eurythmy and Theatre teacher at the Academy for Living Movement, Vienna, ’03 – ’08
- Eurythmy and then class teacher (grades 1 through 8) at the oldest Waldorf school in the UK, ’08 – ’17
- Director of part time teacher training courses in Beijing, Guangzhou, and Qingdao, ’12 – ’18
Class Teacher for Class IV
Deepa has over 20 years of teaching experience; the latest 6 were spent shepherding a group of children through grade 1 to 6 as a Waldorf class teacher.
- Masters degree in English literature, ’95
- English teacher in primary grades at Delhi NCR public schools, ’96-’10
- Class teacher at the largest Waldorf school in India, ’11-’17
Subject Teacher, Chinese
Amrani has taught in a number of alternative schools and education initiatives in Hong Kong in the past 8 years.
- Bachelor of Social Sciences, ’10
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education (Primary), ’12
- Full time teacher at RTC Gaia School, ’12-’14
- 3-year Hong Kong Waldorf Early Childhood Teacher Training Program by WECC and RSEFHK, ’13-’16
- Class Teacher for Grade 1 at a Waldorf education initiative in Hong Kong, ’14-’15
With a keen interest in Anthroposophy and its application in various fields, Amrani has undertaken studies in Grade School teacher courses, drama, Foundational Anthroposophy and International Postgraduate Medical Training (IPMT) course held in Taiwan by the Medical Section of Goetheanum.
Amrani is a nature lover; she enjoys hiking, singing, yoga and meditation practices.
Co-Founder & Director
- Brought up and educated in Hong Kong
- Previously an operations director at a UK-based fashion group. She has strong technical and operational experience in managing complex projects.
- Maggie became interested in educational theories after the arrival of her daughter. She has taken short courses in Montessori and Waldorf education in Hong Kong and Taiwan.
- In her spare time, Maggie enjoys yoga, meditation, and handcraft.
Co-Founder & Director
- Brought up and educated in Hong Kong and the US
- Founder of a specialty toy store and an NGO advocating natural parenting practices
- Previously an investment professional at several private equities and an investment bank
- Sharon became interested in Waldorf education after a chance visit to a Waldorf kindergarten in Hong Kong. Over time she studied foundational anthroposophy in short courses at Bay Area Center for Waldorf Teacher Training (San Francisco) and Emerson College (Guangzhou).
- Her favorite pastimes are crocheting and cooking.
- Principal of a primary school in Hong Kong.
- Ivy has over 20 years of experience in teaching and school administration. She also holds master degrees in education, literature, and Christian studies.
- Ivy is an avid writer of children’s picture books, one of which won an award from Children’s Literature and Culture Association of Hong Kong.
- Founder and Director of Highgate House School, the oldest & largest Waldorf kindergarten in Hong Kong.
- Core Tutor on North of England Steiner Waldorf Early Childhood Studies Program, Course Leader of Diploma in Steiner Waldorf Early Childhood Studies in Hong Kong, and guest tutor on a Education University of Hong Kong Master’s program.
- Julie has over 30 years of experience in early childhood education. She is also qualified in Montessori, Waldorf, Pikler methods, IAIM Baby Massage, and play therapy.
- She loves creating healthy snacks and practicing yoga in her spare time.
- Former head of Educational Development at Emerson College UK, a center for Steiner studies.
- Currently a Senior Educational Associate with Emerson and coordinating its Anthroposophical Foundational Studies program in China.
- George has over 30 years experience in leading biography workshops and personal development training from an anthroposophical perspective.
- In his spare time, George likes dancing and collecting crystals.
- Waldorf Steiner teacher with over 45 years of experience.
- Graham still teaches secondary school Chemistry and Biology main lessons. He travels among Waldorf schools to support class teachers over science and contributes to several teacher training courses. Graham regularly gives talks on Steiner Waldorf education to public and parents.
- He is also a fully qualified psychotherapist, published author and counsellor.