We are hiring for the following positions:
Part time or full time position (all weekdays, from 8:30 am to 12:40 pm or 3:30 pm)
Starting in August 2020
We are seeking a Learning Support Assistant to work with individual students in our primary grades with specific learning needs.
- Collaborating with Class Teacher on target student’s development, learning ability, and behaviour
- Shadowing the student in daily lessons
- Assisting Class Teacher in evaluating student progress
- Learning on the job the Waldorf pedagogy and approach to supporting children with learning needs
The ideal candidate would have:
- A loving, patient, and responsible personality
- Medium to native fluency in English
- Experience caring for or working with children with specific learning needs or are on the autism spectrum
- A living interest in finding a more humane and effective way in working with a wide variety of children
This is a unique opportunity to participate in a newly developed, innovative Waldorf school in an urban setting. We are a private school that opened our doors in September 2017 on the Hong Kong Island.
As of the academic year that will begin in August 2020, we offer 6 classes: Kindergarten (mixed age from 3-6) and Grades 1 to 5 (for 6-11).
Our current team of class teachers are all experienced Waldorf educators who has come to us from all over the world; they are supported by an auxiliary team of subject teachers who are locally trained. The management is experienced in helping expatriates settle in and beyond. The education is a sorely needed antidote to the excessively modernized and materialistic lifestyle of this cosmopolitan.
We offer a competitive salary with increments for teaching experience. Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Last updated on June 12, 2020